We are currently looking for a Journeyman Parts Technician to join our team at Rainbow Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ltd, located in Prince Rupert. BC.
In addition to regular service and repairs, we also offer a huge variety of aftermarket products and vehicle upgrades/modifications.
Our team is seeking a knowledgeable Journeyman Parts Technician or qualified candidate to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment of automotive enthusiasts. You will play a crucial role in terms of the customer experience in assisting our customers with accessory and parts orders while working with our Service Advisors and Technicians to ensure that all parts and accessories are available for scheduled appointments.
Desired skills and responsibilities include:
- Provide excellent customer service when providing services, supplies, and parts to internal and external customers whether working on the Front Parts Counter or the Back Parts Counter.
- Maintaining an accurate and efficient parts supply and making sure all necessary paperwork is completed accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain timely and efficient ordering of parts and keep accurate inventories
- Receives supplies/shipments and stores them according to a prearranged system and deliver on order parts to technicians in a timely manner
- Informs customers of companion part requirements and specials and ensures that the customer is exposed to the full product line.
- Organize and ship exchange parts and returns
- Keeps price lists and catalogues updated
- Adhere to all corporate policies, procedures, and programs including health and safety, quality, and human resource practices.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Locates out-of-stock parts from outside source and submits an emergency order, if necessary.
- Notifies the service advisor and the customer when special ordered parts have been received.
- Follows up on back-ordered parts.
- Verifies will-call and back-order files weekly and returns to vendors, or stocks those items not picked up or required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Red Seal Parts Technician Certification is preferred.
- Minimum of two to five years’ experience in the automotive parts industry or equivalent experience is required.
- Competent knowledge of Microsoft Office programs is preferred
- Past experience dealing effectively and courteously with the public even in difficult situations is required
- Strength, stamina and the ability to use proper lifting techniques to lift items up to 50 pounds on a regular basis and occasional lifting up to 100lbs is required. (moderate physical demands)
- Written and Verbal English language communication skills is required
- Courteous and professional
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Organization and time management skills
- Red Seal Certification would be considered an asset.
- Experience working on Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep & Ram specific vehicles would be considered an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving history.
It is important for us to find the right fit for our team. Please note that while we appreciate all applicants’ interest in our company, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
Extended health care