Journeyman Automotive Technician
We are currently looking for a Journeyman Automotive Technician to join our team at Rainbow Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ltd, located in Prince Rupert. BC.
In addition to regular service and repairs, we also offer a huge variety of aftermarket products and vehicle upgrades/modifications.
Our team is seeking a knowledgeable Journeyman Automotive Technician to join a dynamic and fast-paced environment of automotive enthusiasts. You will play a crucial role in terms of the customer experience in conducting diagnostic procedures to determine vehicle maintenance requirements and providing accurate repair recommendations to our customers.
Who We're Looking For:
We are looking for a responsible and motivated individual with knowledge and a passion for vehicles, a high level of attention to detail, an outgoing personality, and a strong professional manner.
Experience with Chrysler, Dodge, & Jeep products within the automotive industry is required.
Desired skills and responsibilities include:
- Perform diagnostics, repairs and maintenance on vehicles.
- Test all systems or components ensuring they are secure and working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the maintenance issue. Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
- Preventative maintenance as it relates to repairing or replacing worn parts.
- Follow a checklist to ensure that each critical part of the vehicle is examined.
- Watch or inspect parts such as: hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Use power tools, machine tools and common hand tools.
- Review work orders and discuss with supervisor.
- Inspect motor in operation, road test vehicles, and test systems and components using computerized diagnostic and other testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components including fuel system, brakes, steering and suspension, engine and drive train, emission control and exhaust, cooling and climate control, and electrical and electronic systems.
- Mentor, coach, train and support the development of apprentices in the dealership.
- Demonstrate and champion a healthy and safe work environment.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Must possess a provincially recognized Journeyman Automotive Mechanic Certificate.
- Red Seal Certification would be considered an asset.
- Completion of a related post-secondary program and or training courses.
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Efficient problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- High level of integrity and work ethic.
- Ability to meet physical demands such as heavy lifting, standing for long periods of time and ability to use power and hand-held equipment.
- Experience working on Hyundai specific vehicles would be considered an asset.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving history.
It is important for us to find the right fit for our team.
If you believe that you are that person please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!
We look forward to hearing from you!